segunda-feira, 29 de abril de 2013

A half home

A simple text about Danbury, a city of Connecticut state where I used to live from 1992 to 1996. Cris and Rodolpho was with me and this city is the Matheu’s birth place.
________________________________________________
Danbury is in my heart,
It is in my mind.
Danbury is in my soul,
I love you so.
On your ground,
I dropped my blood and my tears,
And I left pieces of my heart for years.

I will go back there soon,
And take what belongs to me.
I am not invited,
But I guess you will welcome me,
As you did before.
I am pretty sure,
That your arms,
Are waiting for me.
Please don’t forget me,
Because I can’t forget you.

How is the Main Street?
Send greetings to Rogers Park.
I miss your mall,
Also your downtown,
That is not too small.
How is your highway 84?
This road carried me,
For many, many miles,
With tears and smiles.
I heard that Caldor,
Is not there anymore.
It’s sad to know that,
This store was part of my past.

I remember your sun and the rain,
Your wind and the snow falling down.
I miss even the storms.
That used to scare me!
But I don’t care,
I want see you again.

Do you remember Rodolpho?
He was a little child,
When he left your land.
He has sweet memories,
Of the carrousel at playland.
Arthur is a big boy,
And with the others,
Makes a lot of noise!
I’m taking a gift,
I got Matheus and he is part of you.
He is half Sampa, half Danbury.
He is half Brazil and half Sam, his uncle.

Don’t need to make a cake,
Don’t wait for us at the airport.
 Just open your arms,
 Because we are going to our half home.
                                                  April 2013



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário